Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much information should be given
I did a post on the main forum yesterday called spring fishing. I didn't say the name of the lake in respect for the other boaters using it. It's not a secret spot I just got some cool pictures. It was only a perfect day because I was with my son and the weather was perfect and few fisherman. We caught a lot of planter rainbows just the right size to feed the browns but no target fish. I am always willing to share if they P.M. me because of the help that some of you have given me Wildcat, CBR, Masterdaad , Wiperhunter just to name a few.The question is am I holding back to much information by not telling up front. I just worry when you see the number of views and it is so peaceful there. [fishon]
[signature]
You are definitely hold back on us. We want to know everything, the Date, Time of day, weather conditions, GPS coordinates, bait or lure, speed, brand and any other facts that will help us decimate the fish at your favorite lake.
[signature]
When you post a report it is up to you to give as much information that you feel comfortable with divulging. There are many members who do not like to give lots of details because of lurkers, fragility of the fishery, etc... This was one of the reasons the new premium board was made. You did well with your other report.
[signature]
Give as much or as little info. as you like, just remember all the lurkers [pirate]
[signature]
As a regular lurker for years I love to see any post with little info or a lot. With posts that tell the name of the lake I have yet to specifically go out to fish it if I hadn't already been thinking about it. I have a list as long as my leg of places I want to fish but not enough lifetimes to fish them all. That list doesn't include any "secret" spots from on this site. What these posts do is motivate me to pull out a map and start looking for my own adventures [Smile] and secret spots.

Thanks for all the posts! No extra info required. And as far as the solitude of fishing, sometimes that is as important as all the rest of the experience.
[signature]