Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 3/6/15
[cool]My buddy sealfish and I launched our kayaks just after gray light from gov't wash and were on the fish. Seeing the birds working crazy on the far shore, we headed over. I got hit on the first cast and had a fish on my second cast with the rattletrap. Dale came by and proceeded to lose his first two hookups. But he redeemed himself by catching a nice lmb. Pretty much after that it shut down except for one that I got on the troll. In all for the day we each caught three fish.Also met shogunofthecity out there as well as I think toadie79. Those were nice rides in your Hobies.
[signature]
It was nice to meet you and sealfish. I ended up calling it at 11am with 8 fish. I think shogun ended the day a lot later and ended up with 14 fish. Not a bad day out on the lake.

Yeah, hobie makes a sweet Kayak and they are fishing machines. Lol. I would highly recommend one if you can swing it.
[signature]
Very nice to finally put some faces to the names. I look forward to seeing you guys on the water again. After everyone left, I actually settled in a honey hole and ended up with 24 stripers @ 2+lbs and a catfish, and thats not counting the 5 dink stripers I caught in the morning. All fish were catch and release for all my BFT boys to catch another day! I actually caught one striper and he came up snagged right between the eyes, and about four fish later I caught the same fish with a hole in his forhead, lol. That was a first for me!
[signature]
Awesome.

There was two kayaks near me for a while Saturday not sure if that was any of you guys or not. (Blue Tracker/blue Bimini top.) If so next time come on over and say high.
[signature]
[cool]Its possible but we were moving to the end of the wash.
[signature]