Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
striper success!
[cool]Well, I finally got my striper....from a floattube!! Went fishing after work today at Hemenway Point. Thanks for the heads up on the trout plant! I was about 300 yards off the point and 20 minutes into it when the fish hit my 6"Storm rainbow swimbait. This guy put up a very fun fight for 10 minutes, towing me around in small circles. When I finally got him to the net I was amazed at the size of him. He taped out at 32" long and weighed in at 11lb. 14oz. That was such a rush! I put him on the stringer and continued to fish for a couple more hours for nada before getting out. I saw some guys fishing the point from shore and one of them was hooking up good on the trout with a spoon of some kind. They also provided me with an audience. Saw a few boils where the stripers were chasing the trout. Even had a 16" trout speed over my legs in an effort to escape! In all it was an exciting day on the water.
[signature]
Great job getting your first striper. When I learn of another trout plant you will see it here. There are trying to do it evern other weekend for lake Mead.
[signature]
Thanks for the report BigE. Wow, that 11 lber could have towed you all over the lake.
[signature]
Hey BigE, Good job, way to go and congratulations. I always love to hear successful fishing stories from a float tube. Any story is a good story. It just sounds better being physically out there with the fish on his turf and not getting dragged across the lake. I Love It!!!.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks TubeN2, I really enjoyed the little ride I got from this guy. Now I'm wondering what a LARGER striper will do to me. Maybe pull out the waterskies? Hahaha!
[signature]
If an 11 pounder can give you such a good ride, just imagine getting something that would put you in the 50lb club!!!! You might have to change your mailing address when you get done with that wone. ha ha.

I still haven't caught any over 20lb yet on my tube but when it happens I plan on going for a long ride.
[signature]
[cool]Amen to that. I think I'll try it again tomorrow after work. If I get lucky, I'll send a postcard.LOL. Thanks to Nighthawk for the stocking report.
[signature]
Hey you just might have to get a boat anchor if you catch that whopper. Good luck and hope you have a great day. No problem on the stocking fish food for the Stripers. Ha HA
[signature]