Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool mods for old 14' mirrocraft?
Hey boys, how are things? I had a question for those of you who have an old aluminum boat. What modifications have you made that turned out just sweet. I want to hide my gas can but not sure where to put it. That got me thinking about other potential changes. So with that said I wanted to see what y'all have come up with, and the changes you have made on your boats.

I put a few pics of the old boat just so you know what I am working with.

Keep them lines wet!
[signature]
This is what I have been working on almost done too.
[signature]
My first boat was the same model as yours. I put a casting deck and 24 volt trolling motor on it. I added so much weight that it it wouldn't even go 10mph. I'd recommend being careful of how much weight you put into it.
[signature]
So that's what a original looks like I have the same boat striped and working on seating configuration, durabak lining the inside.
[signature]
With my old aluminum boat the two best add-on's I did was to make an anchor trolley like you'd have on a fishing kayak and a flat floor to stand on. I would use the anchor trolley with either the anchor or my drift sock. On the floor I used plywood with some ribs cut and attached to match the contour of the bottom of the hull.

With a small boat on any lake when the wind would pick up, it really improved my comfort and peace of mind to be able to use the drift sock or anchor to keep the nose into the wind and waves. The flat floor makes moving around a lot easier.
[signature]