Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy shore access to Bear Lake (finally!)
Hey Guys,

It looks like someone finally plowed an access point down to the lake shore. It is on 150 South about 1/4 south of the Logan Canyon intersection in Garden City. Just turn towards the lake and head down the road. Its a little slushy on the shore, but I had no problem with 4-wheel drive. I wouldn't take a 2X4 down there unless it was chained up. It is closer to the rockpile than the State Park marina (which is completely frozen) and you can launch smaller boats quite nicely from the shore. I'm headed down there right now with my 16' boat and won't have a problem. They plowed out a nice parking lot at the end of road which will hold about 10 trailers, so first come, first serve! I'll post my report later today.
[signature]
That is great news! Wonder if I can net cisco from the rockpile with my cisco net!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That sounds great, BLFG! Hey, can you comment on the shoreline conditions on Cisco Beach for the upcoming Cisco Run?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Right now the conditons at Cisco Beach are about the same as other parts of the lake. I was over there on 1/9/04. There is about a foot of packed, drifted snow. The whole area of the State Park is NOT plowed. I took an F250 4X4 down there and about got it high centered and I was on the road! So if you're coming up for the cisco run make sure to have 4 wheel drive or plan on parking on the road and just hiking down to the water. Along the edge of the water is a ring of ice about 5 feet up from the water's edge that is very slippery. The lake is low so I don't think anyone is going to have to get in the water to dip cisco. Standing on the shoreline you can dip down into water over 20 feet deep along many parts of Cisco Beach. However, I'd bring waders just to keep dry if the wind is blowing and the waves are spashing on the rocks.
[signature]
Last year we used our cisco net to catch cisco at the Rock pile after BLM "bonked" them and let them get away. You should have it Kent they were floating all oveer the place and that long handle sure came in handy. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I forgot about that! THAT was a funny thread. Too much...LOL [/size][/font]
[signature]