Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead1/7/04
I had a few hours freed up and headed to the Lake. Got out there about 11:45, the trout plant had taken place around 8:00 I think. There were several people still fishing, some for Trout and some for Striper. I was there for maybe Striper and testing out my new rod and reel. By the time I got there the action had been dead for a while. There were a few splashes here and there but nothing major. I tied on my Bomber "A, on the new rod and commenced tossing. After a few casts I felt something tug, then I saw my lure almost air borne with not much of a splash. What ever did it never came back and nothing else for the day. As everyone started to leave they took their catch out of the water and there were some Striper as big as 10 lbs. Results of the rod and reel testing, I was very impressed with the reel (smooth) however, the rod I wasn't too impressed with it, it was too short and too stiff for what I wanted. I'm in talks with the outfit I bought it from to get the rod I ordered. I started back home at about 13:30. The trout were all over the place schooling up and down the shoreline. One family limited out in about a hour using Powerbait.

Take care,
David
[signature]
where did you go? Saddle cove?

sm
[signature]
Oh yeah, I guess I should have added that little bit of info. I went to where it's familiar, Pumphouse Cove.
[signature]