Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout Stocking in St George Area
URBAN PONDS - Rainbow trout will be stocked this week at the two Tawa ponds along the Snow Canyon Parkway and the Skyline Drive Pond in St. George. The trout limit is two. Catch and release only for largemouth bass. Anglers 14 years or older need a valid Utah fishing license to fish here. Older anglers are requested to use artificial flies or lures. Please pick up any litter and keep the area clean.

[size 4]Hey Tony I have Next week off for MLK Jr Day Let's Go Fishing and campout at Snow Canyon Campground. [/size]

[size 4]I will make the Dump Cake!!!!!!!!![sly][/size]
[signature]
why not camp right on the shore there at baker ? dont cost nuthin, and we can fish with no effort

sm
[signature]
and those ponds are a joke, they're not nearly as good/big as the hurricane pond . .

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]OK, I'll bite. What's the "Dump Cake". Nighthawk? [/size][/font]
[signature]
ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [cool][shocked][Wink]

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Oh, that helps, SM! HA! What is it? Does NH give out the recipe? LOL![/size][/font]
[signature]
its a variation of what in scouts we would've called a cobbler . ..dutch oven, really sweet, really good . . . ive had quite a few different kinds, and this one rates in the top 3, easy to prepare and real good . . . im sure nighthawk will give it out . . that reminds me i gotta buy a new dutch oven for all of my adventures this year . .

sm
[signature]
Here you go BearlakeMack

Let's keep this receipt to ourselves

[cool][cool][cool][cool]

Nighthawk’s Delightful Dump Cake

[size 3]You will be making new friends at the campground, when fellow campers walk past your campsite and get a whiff of this dessert. [/size]

Ingredients: [ul] [li]3 cans of Comstock or equivalent raspberry and cherry pie filling [li]You can substitute any kind of pie filling or canned fruit you want [li]2 boxes white cake mix [li]¼ lb of butter or margarine [li]1 can of 7-UP [li]vanilla ice cream or Whipping Cream Optional[/li][/ul]

Instructions:
Dump the raspberries and cherries into a 12-inch Dutch oven and mix. If you use other kinds of fruit just make sure you drain the juice off. You don’t want it too liquidly. A paste is more like it. Dump the dry cake mixes evenly on top of the fruit. Spread pats of butter completely over the top of the cake mix. Place about half the can of 7-UP evenly on top of the cake mix. Using 16-18 coals on top and 6-8 coals under the Dutch oven, cook for about 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Be sure to occasionally rotate the Dutch oven lid so as to avoid any scorching from possible hot spots. Note when the pie filling starts to boil through removed the coals on the bottom.

Side Note: This is really a rich desert.

Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipping cream.

Variations:

Any type of pie filling will do or even canned fruit. I have even used fruit cocktail. Just remember to drain off the juice. You don’t need any eggs or even mix up the cake mix. Just place it on there dry. You will see why, when it is done. If the pie filling is to pasty add some 7-up to loosen it up. The 7-up will make the cake rise better when added to the top of the cake mixes. Once again I have used Mountain Dew, Sprite, Cherry 7-up, Coke, and Pepsi. As far as the cake mix goes I use white cake mixes but I have used cherry, yellow, sprinkles, cake mixes. Use your imagination.

Servings: 8-12 Preparation time: 1 hour

Good Luck, from

Nighthawk
[signature]
You best be dressing warm and having a couple extra blankets for those cold nights.

Either way have fun.
[signature]
thanks, nighthawk never catches cold, and i have a new down sleeping bag . .

and we'll bring some firewood!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks, Nighthawk! I like dutch oven cooking and know a little about it myself. Nothing finer than sitting around the dutch ovens with a brewski and friends wait for dinner to get done! I'll copy this recipe and save it for a warmer time! [/size][/font]
[signature]
The cold don't bother me to much. I camp year round. I just hate the wind when it blows.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You might think a little different if you were camping up here in Northern Utah. 18 high, single digits low and 36" of snow in the valleys! Burrrrrrrr![/size][/font]
[signature]
well hopefully we won't run into too much snow, but its usually around 15-20 there at night, thats plenty damn cold!

sm
[signature]
Lately its been getting in teens with a nice high of 40-50. Most of the snow has melted so it should be good unless we get a storm in this week. Expect some good weather being closer to St. George and the sunny side of Baker.
[signature]
[size 4]Come on guys I have camped in snow before. On top of the snow and in snow caves. You just have to be prepared! The Scout Motto. [/size]
[signature]