Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commerce Township
as todays date it is a deth trap. I got on top the higest hill to over look the lake and saw several open spots. went down by the river and saw the water swerling under the ice.

I am sure it will freeze over tonight but will by no means be safe tomarow. the river channels will your end if you walk out their way.

if the weather holds I figure by wensday.
[signature]
I'VE GOT ICE UP HERE [Smile], BUT I'M WORKING THIS WEEKEND[Sad] . THE ICE JUST ISN'T THICK ENOUGH YET FOR ME TO RISK A SWIM BUT THE WEATHER REPORT GIVES ME THE IDEA THAT I'LL BE ON THE ICE AS EARLY AS TUESDAY .

MY OLDEST , FISHINGIRL1 OPENED A CAN OF WORMS , WAXWORMS ! SHE FOUND THEM IN THE FRIDGE AND THOUGHT SOMETHING (FOOD ) WENT REAL BAD , LOL !
[signature]
I am going out tosay and drill some holes in the shallows. if I get wet I dont have far to go to get home.
[signature]
i betcha those 9 guys on lake st. clare were thinking , "hmmm, i shoulda asked those guys from bft about where to fish , instead i'm sailing down river ". lol !
[signature]
I didnt hear about that, what happened?

I went out and drilled a few holes, the ice is inconcistant will shape up fast now.

this week end for sure, I expect between 6 and 8 inches. especialy once it hits zero tonight. we got to 2* one day last week. we need a good base befer the jan thaw sets in otherwise we will have about a week or two of fishing for the whole year.
[signature]
as clint eastwood would put it , "they went on a misissuri boat ride "

the ice broke free on lake st.clare and sent them on a expencive boat trip , lol !

from what i understand , the rescues arn't free anymore , will that be paper or plastic ? lol !
[signature]
thats 400 big ones per person plus you get to leave all the fish you cought, you get to leave your bucket, you get to leave your poles, you get to leave your ride (car truck mobile or quad behind).

man if I only had a hover craft and could sit on the bay there on a sunny day and waigt for a foool to do the paddle boat thing I could make me 100 biguns perperson cha ching....
[signature]
$100.00 doller boat ride to shore and get the salvage rights to the vehicals and equipment .
" oh , that WAS your car , ifin' you want it back it'll cost you three pearch and a walleye dinner " lol !
[signature]
say AL, you know as well as I do that bartering fish in michigan is a mistimenor fellony that will cost a man his fishing and hunting liscense for life. I think I will stick to giving a few fish to a couple little old ladies who enjoy a fresh blue gill dinner.

the'd take awway my hauler, my license, my poles and any thing else I was carrying at the time if I strated chargin fish backs. even tho they are green[sly]
[signature]
yep , how true !

i saw on the news last night a few people went thru the ice on long lake up by callie's area . north end of the lake .

that snow is slowing down the ice making a bit and people just don't realise it acts like an insulation blanket .
[signature]
I saw late last night that a single engin plane went through on lake erie near sandusky, I think it was an emergency landing attempt. the plain was found on top the ice eith the nose burried in the ice.

9 people on the plane, no word af any servivers yet.
[signature]
i saw the same thing , the plane was from canada and took off in bad weather .

the three men that went thru the ice at long lake are all safe , the 20 x 60 foot hole in the ice is out in front of the north public launch on long lake , it is marked off with warning barrels and cones . i'm sure theres more holes covered by snow out there , people find them every year , Sad to say .
[signature]
I was going to go out today, but the cloths didnt dry in time. I will be going back out tomarow.

my new boot smells like muskrat hole now...[crazy]
[signature]
Oh ya!

this stuff is great. walk out to your spot. drop a line and haul em in....

should do well today, I will get back with ya after dark to let ya know how I did.
[signature]
ice here in my area , 3" to 12" , with a 6" slush base on top of it . the weight of the snow is pushing the ice down and the water up . drill a hole and you've got old faithfull coming to life .

dunham lake , small pearch , 2 keeper pike 30" , a few crappie too ! and a idiot with a regular car . he had to spend hours shoveling his way back off the ice . wer'e talking a small lake maybe 50 yards across and 200 yards long . some people just don't think i guess .
[signature]
I am back, only with a limited amount of success, [unsure] that is I maxed out on limited [sly]

them smaller lakes, "ponds" can be treatureous, they can sometimes not freeze solid till well in to the ice season. most of the water that came on the lake over the weekend has frozen, but not all. was nice that I could go out and keep my feet dry today.

I pounded the gills, and a half dozen crappie, no pike no rock bass, I havent gotten one all year [sly] I only kept 2 crappie that were marginal size.
[signature]
cool , i might get a chance at going again this week wendsday or thursday . i'll p.m. you with the reason i'm staying close to home .
[signature]

here is saturdays and mondays catches.
[signature]
when's dinner ? [Smile]

yummmmy yummmmy !

nice catch for both days dave , did you have your student out with you ?

learning from the master , that guys luckey ![Wink]
[signature]
nope he missed out,

he had to go to the car show.
[signature]