Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Bound
4 of us are heading up to the gorge to soak up some sun this weekend. Taking 2 boats. Fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Hopefully the big ole macky macks are willing to go for a ride to breathe some air and Smile for a picture before heading back to the deep. Planning on jigging. I was told by my super fine wife that is my fishing partner this weekend that she is hoping to have BBQ'd salmon or trout one night for dinner. So a pause from Mack fishing will have to occur to meet the misses request. 2 fish (rainbows or Kokes or pups) will be in trouble. I will hopefully have some photos to share the first of next week. Launching out of Lucerne and fishing Swim, Rawlings, Antelope, Sheep Creek and possibly Linwood. I'll be in a Blue & White bayliner with a wakeboard tower on it with a Minnesota up front. If your around swing buy and say hello.

Anyone have plans to fish the gorge this weekend?

Anyone been up recently? How has the catching been?

Good luck.

Cheers
[signature]
Haven't been up, but jealous! Have a good trip!
[signature]
I'm am heading up fri for the weekend I this will be my third trip this year I have several friends that have been catching kokes out of anvil and it is getting more consistent . But the rainbo fishing has been hot pitching marabou jigs
[signature]
I heard its bad luck to take a female fishing this time of year, your good friend rich is probably available to fill the spot [Wink]
[signature]
Good luck finding any macks to fish for. They are pretty spread out right now. Kind of tough
[signature]
What is a 'Minnesota up front'?
[signature]
minkota
[signature]
Good luck T. Jeremy , Rocky and myself are heading back down south after some large mouth a few stripes and some walleye. I am sure no walleye will be swimming again after they see my face.

[fishon][fishon]
[signature]
[quote onlychild]I'm am heading up fri for the weekend I this will be my third trip this year I have several friends that have been catching kokes out of anvil and it is getting more consistent . But the rainbow fishing has been hot pitching marabou jigs[/quote]Love it. Sheep Creek Bay in particular can be fantastic for beautiful rainbows in the Spring or Fall. FG rainbows are thankfully so overlooked. I could care less about the macks, those 'bows are amazing!
[signature]
I was at the gorge about a month ago and had a great weekend. We jigged white tubes just off the bottom near swim beach and just past the pipeline. It really helped to have a sonar with the chirp visuals to see the lakers real clear. We ended up with 7 lakes between 25-30lbs.

Wish we could be there, but the boat went to deer creek and nobody was there to decontaminate me so we are sidelined for the 18 days. Remember to get to the Browning café early for the prime rib. Some locals complained when we got the last cut...I told them, "the only difference between you locals and us is that we're not from around here". Have a great weekend.
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1][quote onlychild]I'm am heading up fri for the weekend I this will be my third trip this year I have several friends that have been catching kokes out of anvil and it is getting more consistent . But the rainbow fishing has been hot pitching marabou jigs[/quote]Love it. Sheep Creek Bay in particular can be fantastic for beautiful rainbows in the Spring or Fall. FG rainbows are thankfully so overlooked. I could care less about the macks, those 'bows are amazing![/quote]

This!
[signature]
rainbows at the gorge are so annoying the are fun to catch any where else but there they just get in the way of the kokes and lakers , as for browings café they also have the best bacon cheese burgers and fries,[cool]
[signature]
I will be up there. I'll be in a black/silver crestliner. Stop and say hi!
[signature]