Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time, Jordan River
Draining a foot of water of the top of a three foot deep lake in March is not going to raise the level of the water in the marshes downstream or do any good for the farmers who aren't watering anything yet.
[signature]
I totally don't know that river enough to comment, but it would be my guess that they don't turn down more water than they will use. Farmers know it's limited and they will want it to last as long as possible before they run out. Many farmers up my way are planting grain because it doesn't take as much water and it's done early in the summer before the water runs out. Water is the life blood they won't waste it. Later J
[signature]
Definitely. I'm not saying that the farmers are wasting the water. I'm just talking about the water that the farmers aren't using that is flowing into the Great Salt Lake. I'd think they could build a reservoir just before the water would start to become to salty. I would imagine that would mean more water for farmers closer to the Great Salt Lake. Just a thought.
[signature]
Not to mention another kitty hole near my house.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I don't think anyone would want to use the water for fishing or irrigation if there were a dam built before the gsl. the water would be too contaminated for use. Between sewage treatment plants, golf course run off, and rain water run off. the Jordan river near the fairgrounds always has a nice oily sheen. The marshes are the filter for the water before it is "just wasted" and goes into the gsl. there already is not enough water going into the gsl to maintain the ecosystem. All of the feeder tributaries to the Jordan river are syphoned down to muddy carp puddles before they even make it. then re filled with contaminated wastewater because people have to wash their cars in the driveway and hose off every square inch of the sidewalk.
[signature]
Then for the worthless companies that actually make a living off of that worthless salt water too.

I'm sure that Magcore, the salt companies, and the brine shrimp fisheries are just out there for fun instead of trying to make a living.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
How many BFT members golf or use public parks? I'm thinkin' that a significant portion of the water being released will be going to water them instead of using our precious drinking water.

Now, being a devoted U.L. fisherman, I'd sure like to see the level stay up but------.

Methinks they's too much bitchin about whut ya dont know sh-- about.
[signature]
No, the significant amount of water will be going on residential lawns. You want a target, look at 3 million homes with Kentucky bluegrass in the front yard.
[signature]
It never made sense to me why people insist on planting Kentucky bluegrass in the desert, throwing 12 billion gallons of water at it every summer, and having it still be dry and crackly because it wasn't meant to grow here anyway.
[signature]
Been looking for the Jordan flow to increase in the northern reaches. Not a bit yet. Guess all those evil users of the Great Salt Lake are outta luck. Wonder where all that water went?????
[signature]
Sucked up by some developer most likely
[signature]