Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float tubing Pineview Reservoir (in Utah)
Knowing that some of the frequent commenters on this board hail from Utah, I thought I'd ask if anyone who float tubes in Utah could give me some advice on where the best float tube location would be in Pineview....I plan on going in a few weeks to target crappie and smallies, and was wondering where a good launch site would be. Any info would be much appreciated
[signature]
Lots of places to launch, just got to find the fish. Try launching by spring creek and cemetery point.
[signature]
[#0000FF]A lot depends on current water levels. Some places are easier when the water is high and you don't have to carry your craft as far from your parking spot.

I am attaching a map. The red Xs are free launch sites for tubes and toons. You can also launch at the Port Ramp and at Cemetery Point but both of those will be charging fees soon.

Some of the best crappie fishing is around Cemetery Point and Spring Creek. If the water is high enough to cover some of the shoreline brush that will be your best place to fish. Otherwise, use sonar to find the schools in the shallower areas around the shoreline.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]