Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boat registration
so its time i switch my boat registration to Utah. everything i read online says the DMV? could that be correct? this doesnt go through DNR or DWR ?? a little help would be appreciated. I still have Illinois stickers on my boat.

thanks guys , sorry if its a dumb question
[signature]
First go online and download an application for boat registration. You will need to have it before you can proceed. It is the DMV.
[signature]
Also be prepared for them to want a VIN check (usually they send an officer to do this) it will not matter if you have the title from Illinois or not - they are supposed to verify it. Guess you could always tow the boat in with you when you go maybe they'd come out and check it themselves. They will give you the form the officer signs off on, then you get to bring that form back in and eventually they'll complete it to get you Utah title.
[signature]
thanks for the info, much appreciated
[signature]
There are many ways to do what you are trying to accomplish but here is what I did when I bought an out of state boat a couple of years past. First I drove my car down to the DMV and got the proper forms needed to license an out of state boat, as Fishgiver mentioned you can download them from the web site but since the DMV was close I just drove down. Then you will need to call your local police or sheriff and ask if they will send an officer over to verify your boat VIN number. If it is a newer boat you will need to do it on not only your boat but trailer and motor, if it is 50 hp or larger. So you will need three forms, if I remember correctly. Hope that helps.
[signature]
Make sure you have a couple of extra forms if the officer messes up you cannot alter it in any way (Scratch out and write over ) I learned this the hard way.
[signature]