Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo/East Canyon Report
Me and my dad fished Echo today from 8:00am till 10:30am caught loads of perch and my dad caught a 14 inch rainbow about 50 yards from the boat ramp area we were using ice flies tipped with powerbait or salmon eggs under a sweedish pimple the ice was almost a foot thick about 5-8 inches of clear ice the edges weren't too bad just needed to take one large step. After a while at Echo we decided to check out East Canyon, We Fished East Canyon from 11:30am till 1:30pm in the south arm by the inlet talked to some guys by the east shore that said they had been there since 7:30am and had only caught two each so we went a little deeper and my dad got one bite in a 20 minute period so we went on over to the west side of the south arm near a guy that said he had caught 8 so far and my dad caught a 15 inch rainbow and I got a bite but that was it we were using the same bait as at echo the ice was about 6-8 inches 2-4inches of clear ice the edges weren't bad up by the dam and state park there were a few large holes and big cracks but there was one guy fishing by the state park and a lot of people fishing near the dam.Well I think thats all[Smile]
[signature]
Very nice report Hoobie, thanks. I've been looking forward to trying out East Canyon through the ice this year. Did really well up there this summer. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]