Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly shop?
Hey I'm still newish to the salt lake valley. I am aware of cabellas and Sportsman's warehouse to the south but living in Bountiful I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good place to buy fly tying material closer to home. I need to stock up and do some tying. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Guys!
[signature]
High country Fly fishers is in north salt lake on redwood road just north of the flying J on the east side of the road.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]High country Fly fishers is in north salt lake on redwood road just north of the flying J on the east side of the road.[/quote]

I go there from time to time. Great selection, good guys in there, go check it out!

My personal favorite though it Fish Tech all the way.
[signature]
High country is the closest to you. After that there is dicks sporting goods in the gateway. Not sure how much fly stuff they would have. After that I believe western rivers fly shop is on 900 south and about 900 east in slc. It's been a while since I have been there.
[signature]
I order some online and usually you can find good deals!
[signature]
Western Rivers is just below 1100 W on 900 S. Good guys there for sure but there are no real bad fly shops in the area some are just better than others.
[signature]
I second Western Rivers. A true "fly shop" with the atmosphere and all. Have a sitting area where you can have a cup of coffee while your there and lots of wisdom to be shared.
[signature]
[quote aspiringflymstr]Hey I'm still newish to the salt lake valley. I am aware of cabellas and Sportsman's warehouse to the south but living in Bountiful I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good place to buy fly tying material closer to home. I need to stock up and do some tying. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Guys![/quote]

Everyone forgot Mickey Finns's in Kaysville . Probably a toss up between High Country, and Mickey's as far as who is the closest . Depends where you live in Bountiful.

They have a pretty good selection of fly tying materials, as well as flies.
[signature]
Thanks everyone. Looked up the address to high country and it was right on my way home from work. Stopped by and got what I needed...for now Wink
[signature]
Might be a little out of your way, but if in the area be sure to check out Fish Tech Outfitters.

6153 S Highland Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84121
(801) 272-8808
[url "http://www.fishtechoutfitters.com/FT/Home.html"]http://www.fishtechoutfitters.com/FT/Home.html[/url]

Awesome selection of tying materials.

EDIT: Just noticed that TDT already mentioned Fish Tech... so I "second" what he he said. [Wink]
[signature]
[quote aspiringflymstr]Thanks everyone. Looked up the address to high country and it was right on my way home from work. Stopped by and got what I needed...for now Wink[/quote]

I have stopped in at High Country several times when I needed something quick. They are nice and helpful too. Not only that but they are close to my house, which makes it even better.
[signature]
As others have said, you can't go wrong with High Country or Fish Tech. Both have good guys working there with extensive knowledge of the state's waters. Personally I like High Country more. If you do other types of fishing Fish Tech is the way to go. I hardly bother with sportsmans or cabelas anymore unless there is a really good sale. Most of their employees are douche bags. Plain and simple.
[signature]