Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheep Creek Help….
Does anyone know if you can drive down close to the lake in the back of Sheep Creek Bay? Maybe from the campground? I wanna take the toon' but would rather launch by the back of the bay than the boat ramp, but want to get close because I have a lot of stuff to haul. Looking at google earth, the creek may cut you off so you can't drive too close? Thanks
[signature]
There's the dirt road off the main road leading to the creek and a circular parking area, but nothing beyond that that goes to the lake's edge. There's usually an RV or three parked along the creek. Dirt is pretty soft right at the inlet too. It would only take you a few minutes to explore it, but I'm guessing dropping everything off at the ramp would be easiest if you have "stuff" besides just the boat.
[signature]
Thanks Jim, that's what it looked like to me, ramp it is [Wink]
[signature]
Would one of these help?
[signature]
May need to pick one up if I am gonna do this still water toon thing [laugh]
[signature]
Saw one this past week at sportsmans in midvale.
[signature]
You can pull right up to the water on the above mentioned dirt road or close to it.(about a mile north of the boat ramp road) They launch small boats there. I was there in November, we killed the rainbows there , and nice , up to 4-5 lbs. However we found the best size and numbers in the channels where the willows are where the creek runs in. The furthure we went into the lake , the smaller the fish got. So if you are in a tube , try the channels between the dead willows. Pistol petes were best for us, along with jakes lures on spin gear
[signature]
Cool, thanks! I have always been in a boat when fishing sheep creek and never pushed that far in, I figure a toon should open some thing up, and also close some things down [:/]
[signature]
What Lonnie said. Throw some olive marabou jigs.Also try the flats just after the creek enters the lake in about 8-12' of water. I love Sheep Creek Bay. The once in a while brownie can be exciting also.
[signature]
Thanks, I'll be throwing buggers with the fly rod.
[signature]