Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough day at the Berry 4/4
My buddy and I got up really early and headed out to Strawberry for some ice off action. We got on the water around 830 at Chicken Creek. We caught a few planters on some blood worms but we didnt catch our first cutt until 2pm! We didnt see a lot of bent rods that day so it sounded like everyone struggled. I really think that the full moon the night before affected fishing. We should have been slaying trout, but we got our butts handed to us.
[signature]
That doesn't sound very promising.
[signature]
[quote kjox21]

I really think that the full moon the night before affected fishing.

[/quote]

Bummer about the poor trip... better than a skunking though.

Interesting that you mention the moon phase. Just getting into fishing stillwaters for trout a few years back I've tried to read/absorb as much info as possible and several authors/anglers/experts recommend staying away from the lakes during a full moon period, especially for larger fish.

Seems strange given that full (and new) moons are usually a contributing factor to great fishing for warmwater species in lakes and reservoirs.
[signature]
I've read similar articles in the past as well. I wouldnt think it would matter around ice off because the trout would be so hungry but that wasnt the case the last two times I went out. I'm definitely keeping track of this from now on though
[signature]
When ever I go fishing during a full moon it's usually slower. Here's a website that shows the moon phase and what percentage is out that I just found that look really handy.

http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/u...-lake-city
[signature]