Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat replacement
I am looking to replace my hard plastic seat on my kickboat. What kind of seats have you guys put on your boats?

Mark
[signature]
Got pics? My two toons have the plastic seats. One has a cushion the other doesn't.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Most of those seats are standard boat seats. If they are mounted on the frame you should be able to find replacements at Sportsmans, Cabelas or any other place that sells aftermarket boating gear. Just be sure you have the position and measurements of the connecting bolts/holes so you can mount the replacement without having to modify too much.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Are you looking to replace a current boat type seat or one of the foam/cloth type? If it is to replace a current boat style seat the change will be easy. If it is to go from the cloth type to a boat seat then modifications may be necessary. If upgrading go look at different seats and sit in them to find the comfort level you want. If completely changing over look at how you will need to attach the seat. Many ways to do it. I would need to see a pic of you seat area and toon frame to get an idea of what would be needed. The plastic folding boat seat that comes with or without cushion are very durable and work well for toons. Some manufacturers have added mounting hardware so that they pivot. Mine have plastic strips that the strapping runs through to hold them in place.
[signature]