Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went to CJ last night
Fished for crappie at Cottonwood all night. Threw back or gave away everything smaller than 11". Biggest fish I got was 15".

[Image: IMAG0110.jpg]
Guess what I'm gonna be doing later today? [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Nice!
[signature]
Cool . Very nice .
[signature]
bank yanking? or boat and lights? sounds like fun, catch any bluegill?
Matt
[signature]
nice haul!! Making my mouth water sitting here around lunch time.
[signature]
[quote Duck-Slayer]bank yanking? or boat and lights? sounds like fun, catch any bluegill?
Matt[/quote]

Bank yanking. Wasn't even using a lantern. Crappies was all I got except for one bass about 8". Wasn't targeting anything else, though. A few people caught a couple of perch, Didn't get any bluegill, but I did see a few small ones swimming around the boat slip area before it got dark.

This crazy warm spring we've had has some of the male crappies already in breeding colors and trying to set up nests. Which is weird because the females I've caught don't have their eggs developed yet.
[signature]
Fished in the narrows yesterday evening, beautiful night. Fishing was good, lots of decently sized crappie, none in the 12-15 inch range as described, but a number of 11 inchers. Sure seems like the fish have grown a lot since last year!
[signature]
What a beautiful mess of fillets those will make... Very jealous of that catch for sure! Looks like a good mix of whites and blacks. Used to catch lots of em through the ice back in S.Dak... Wish we had opportunity for those on the east side of the state!
[signature]
I think it would be fun to take my kids down for some evening fishing.

Would you be willing to share where you caught your crappies? Never fished at CJ Strike so don't know where a good place to go would be.

I used to catch a lot of Crappies when I lived back in Iowa and it was among my favorite fish to eat. I enjoy trout fishing out here but I don't think they are not near as good to eat as a crappie. Of course, I was raised eating Walleyes and panfish so maybe my taste buds are conditioned. I also eaten a crapload of bullheads but I don't tell anyone about that.
[signature]
I caught them at Cottonwood with jigs under a bobber. It's a campground on the south side of the Brunau arm. They will be in the area off and on (depending on the weather) until the spawn is over in about a month.
[signature]