Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who collects old fishig equipment
Whats the pride of your collection?

I have alot of old stuff but dont know who makes most of it

I have a old heddon steel pole that i guess would rank as the pride of mine
[signature]
i had quite a bit of old stuff left to me by my uncle. i thought since it was old it surely wasn't worth anything. now i know better [Sad]. i promise i'll never throw anything away again!
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey there keiths,[/size]

[size 1]Got lots of old stuff. Not that I am a collector but a saver. Must admit that most of my collection had belong to my dad. Got his bamboo fly rod that goes back to the 1930s.[/size]
[signature]
yea that is a nice item

i have seen sevral of those but always cost too much for me to touch

maybe some day i will finid oone in a ditch somewhere

Keith
[signature]
Denice

I guess your not a collector or a keeper

I would rate myself as a getter

If i find something i like and can afford I get it
[signature]
I hear ya there, I had become a packrat at an early age, one day came along when I was off at summer camp, my family dicided to have a carage sale. and guess who's stuff whent in to the sale.... lol, base ball cards, cracker jack prizes un opened from back when they had prizes insted of lickum tatoos... several rings.

a mong my ever growing pile of treasuers were old wood fishing plugs from back in the 40's and 50's

all gone. lost it all, never even saw a penny from it lol...

I have a couple peices now, but nothing like what I used to have. I think my best Item is a Johnson #3 magnetic reel. actualy has a magnet in it, I think it attracts big fish...[laugh]
[signature]
hmmm maybe i need one of those reels

maybe to fish for steelhead
[signature]
hey amigo , i have a pelethera of old fishing gear ![cool]

favorite ? not a single one yet . i have special pieces that require greater care when using , but i use them all .[Wink]

i've got the old bamboo flyrod with the extra tips too , great for the brookies around here . lures from everywhere immaginable , tiwan , hongkong , germany, france , sweeden , mexico, england , canada , and the good old U.S.of A. new , old, cheep ("or as we spend-thrifts say , cost effichent"), expencive or new, makes no difference to me . they were all designed to catch a fish and i'm gonna get my moneys worth out of them . if i've got a thirty year old lure in the water that cost a buck or two back then and i've cought a fish on it for every year i had it , well the cost of the lure is already paid and i'm making a profit on it in fish .[Smile]

most people don't realise that fish really didn't study history in there schools . i pretty much belive they have very little memory at all . i can sit there and watch the same fish time after time bite on the same worm or lure over and over and those old lures still catch em' like the first day they went on the market . only us humans seem to think only the new lures will get the job done . of course they sure look pretty outta the package , don't they ? [crazy]

i see a lot more of us experianced anglers (old fuddy duddys ) taking up in the tradition of making our own lures , coppied from the lures we used as a kid . nestalgia? sure . do the fish care ? nope , not one bit , it still looks like food to them and my lures like fooling them . there happy and so am i , thats a good working relationship in my book .[cool]

collecting old lures just to sit on a shelf just feels wrong to me , they were created to catch the big one or die tring . so far , they seem happy just doing there job , catching fish and hanging out with there bro's in the tackle box .besides the newer rookie lures can use some tips and tricks from the old pro's , heck there just starting out without any experiance .[crazy]

of course i'm not totally heartless , the really battlescared ones will have a final resting place they can count on , a plack above my fireplace , either in a mount's mouth , or in a frame . they will always have a home .[Wink]
[signature]
I think my biggest problem is that I want 2 of every piece of equipment i see

One to use and one for backup

hmm maybe i need a backup for my backup
[signature]
I think it would do well for short run steelies, I pulled in a 42 pound carp with this reel last spring.
[signature]
woooo weeeeee
[signature]
my wife started and stoped her collection of old fishing equipment with me , lol !
[signature]
lol
[signature]