Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation in the tube
I fished Starvation today in my tube from 6:30 until the weather got bad at 1:00. I used a fast sinking line (#7) with size 6-8 bead head soft hackles, crystal buggers, and a bead head leech. The best colors were tan/green/pearl, black/orange, and olive. The water temperature was 51-54 degrees and the visibility in the water was about 10' - 11'. The reservoir is still almost full and dropping slowly. I picked up one 20" walleye and a some 18" - 20" rainbows. The fishing was really slow from 6:30 until about 11:30 (only caught two), but from 11:30 until I had to get off the water, the fishing was pretty good. There was only one other pontooner where I was at and he was catching some fish also. He picked up a 22" brown. It was a fun day on the water until the sparks started flying.[Wink]
[inline P1000655(1).JPG]
[inline P1000657(1).JPG]
[inline P1000662(1).JPG]
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Man i love them fat Starvation Rainbows! Tasty buggers and put on a fun fight. Very Nice!!!
[signature]
Very nice! Starvation may be my next trip .
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work. Too bad Mama Nature din't wanna play nice. She can be nasty when she throws a hissy fit. Had a day a couple of years ago when a powerful thunderstorm...with lots of "sparks"...came roaring in and plain tore things up. Definitely put a "damper" on the fun.

Order some nice weather and I'll come play with you. I usually prefer a reverse ratio...of walleyes to trout. But I ain't too proud to catch a few slimers.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks, Pat.

I was glad to see the fish getting more active. Even saw a few rising carp. Some of those slimers will put a serious bend on your new fly rod. As you could tell from the photo, the walleye joined us for dinner.

I'll let you know when I'm heading up there again and maybe we can get together and exercise a few.
[signature]