Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry ( 5-8-15 )
This is my 1st post, so here go's...... Went to the berry ( Chicken Creek ) got there about 7:30 am and the wind was blowing, but float tubed it anyway.. Not a bad day I ended up hooking 4 big Rainbows, the biggest being 24" about 5lbs. on a dark olive & a light green wooly buggers on WF sinking line, in about 18 to 13 ft of water. The water temp is getting higher ( 48 deg ) I keep the rainbows to put into the smoker... Good eats. I looked inside the stomachs and found scuds, tons of midges, snails and small pieces of crawdads. The big Rainbow I did find these two whole crawdads. Here are some photos of the Rainbows. Good luck Fishing everyone...
[signature]
Nice report! Although, the photos don't seem to have posted.
[signature]
Photos are there now
[signature]
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing the photos and report. We were up there two weeks ago and the water temps were 41-43 degrees.

Don't feel bad, it took me a few posts to get the pictures to show up and be in the right direction.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks, Will keep working on it, I will be making another run to the berry next Friday so hope fully I will have something to post. Here is a couple of Cuts & a Rainbow I caught on 5-1-15.
[signature]
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Nice ones. What type sinking line were you using? It seems that alot of people use and like type 7. I have a type 2 and do ok.
[signature]
[quote fishman]Nice ones. What type sinking line were you using? It seems that alot of people use and like type 7. I have a type 2 and do ok.[/quote]

I like 3 and 4
[signature]
[quote albinotrout][quote fishman]Nice ones. What type sinking line were you using? It seems that alot of people use and like type 7. I have a type 2 and do ok.[/quote]

I like 3 and 4[/quote]

I usually take three rods on my pontoon boat. Intermediate , 3, and 7 . If that doesn't cover it then I'm not sure anything will.
[signature]
good post, good pics, good fishing. Well done!

humpy
[signature]
Thanks for all comments, I use a Intermediate, 2, 3 sinking line. Looks like most are using the same.
[signature]
Great report. That is a unique Bow. The 2nd picture really shows the wind. That amount of wind makes me consider bank tangling! Ha Ha Good on ya...
[signature]
Great report. I am sure the pictures are fantastic, but I haven't got time to click on each and every one. (Love Photobucked with pictures IN the report)
Welcome to the site.
I think I use an Intermediate and a Type III more than anything, specially when fishing shallower, but I fish two rods at a time and I have the second rod with Type VII hanging at depth off the side.
Happily I have had several doubles and fishing two flies per rod, a couple quads gets the blood going.
Look forward to more posts. And can't wait to MID the Berry.
[signature]
Sounds like we should go up there when the storm ends [cool]
[signature]
I wouldn't mind going up there soon either! And I would love to
Learn how to deep nymph.
[signature]