Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore fishing near Bullfrog marina
Just wondering if there are any good shore fishing spots near the Bullfrog area at lake powell. I've never been down there without a boat so this will be a first. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks.
[signature]
There really aren't what you would call spots to stay and fish but the shore can certainly be walked casting a twister tail or hula grub at rocks and structure for smallmouth or walleye, and cast at the tumbleweeds for large mouth. this time of year is not about a speedy retrieve but rather slow stops and starts pausing at shelves and structure.

You could also fish the docks at night which is prohibited but tolerated as long as you respect people's space and pick up everything. Make sure you deal with the fish elsewhere like the cleaning station. there you'll want about a 3rd of an anchovy covering the hook with a small weight. Drop cut anchovies in small pieces fairly consistently to keep the smell in the water and the striped bass will usually come in if you start catching continue keeping some chum going to keep them feeding.
[signature]
Awesome! Thanks for the reply, I'll have to give it a shot and just see what I can do. I'm sure there are a fish or two cruising the shoreline this time of year.
[signature]
Get out your Lake Powell Map. Hobie beach is the cove where the ferry dock is. You can fish the rocks on the south end of the cove, it runs out into the lake pretty good. You then have the crappie cove area, which is north of the covered slips. It has a pretty good drop off and is pretty steep to get there, but the outer ledges are accessible.

You also have all the shoreline along the camping area south of the ramp. You can access that by turning right off the main road just by the big dumpsters as you come into the Park. It is a primitive camping area, but you can access some pretty good spots out there.

Lastly, you have Hansen Creek which you can access off the main high way coming into Bullfrog. As you climb the hill after the Yatch Club area, there is a dirt road off to the right of the main road. It will take you into the back of Hansen Creek, which has some good fishing, depending on how much you want to walk.

Lastly, there is all the slick rock below to the north of the ramp, below the lodge. All that has small cuts and depressions that hold fish. The cove where the Park Service Doc is usually has some good fishing, but it is most likely high and dry !!

Have fun and be safe !!
That points me in the right direction!! I can now just go off this info and improvise a little! Thank you, you guys answered my question and then some! I appreciate the responses.
[signature]