Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Place to backpack with the wife
For our 18th wedding anniversary, I get to plan our 3 day, 2 night getaway. And my wife has agreed that she would love a backpacking trip. Though we like the outdoors, and gone camping as a family, we've never been backpacking just the two of us.

I'm thinking of leaving early one morning, then hiking into a place and camping one night, then hiking out the next late afternoon and spending our second night in a comfortable bed and breakfast somewhere.

So I come to this board seeking advice on locations. We aren't in the best of shape but couldn't probably handle most any hike rated easy to moderate, somewhere under 4 miles, I'm thinking. I don't mind being in a location where other people are, I'd actually prefer to see some other humans along the way; but don't want a packed location.

My wife isn't a fisherwoman, but she loves me! And she'll be happy to spend some of the time on the shore of a nice little lake for part of the time. We've calendered a date in mid-July, so I'm thinking a higher elevation because of the heat.

Thanks for any suggestions.
[signature]
Ok so what month are you planning this? Summertime I would say take the trail up to granddaddy basin area or the crystal lake trail, other choices could be go up past wall lake or take the fehr lake trail down to Hoover, shepherd, and moaba lakes. If you want to head south goto Boulder mountain.
[signature]
Utah has so many places like that, I guess a good question would be do you want to be up North or down South? If North I'd say anywhere off the Mirror lake highway that has a trail going to a lake. If South, try the Bolder mountains. But there are a bunch of places you could go.
[signature]
So true, there are some trails in the fish lake national forest area as well. And then there are the la sal mountains as well.
[signature]