Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who steals gas tanks?
I found today that the 6 gallon tank to my main motor was stolen out of my boat. What gets me is that the second tank and kicker were attached to the boat as well and they weren't touched. [mad]

So now I need to get a new tank.[mad]
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]

What gets me is that the second tank and kicker were attached to the boat as well and they weren't touched. [mad]

[/quote]

Are you bragging or complaining?
[signature]
Could be some kid that needed a little gas for his car but did not know your gas was two cycle gas.[:/] I'm guessing the tank stolen was the type that had a vent? If so, you will find when you go to replace it that new 6 gal tanks don't have vents[crazy], or so I've heard.
[signature]
Yeah it had a vent.
[signature]
You still keeping your boat stored in front of your house? If so, you might want to rethink that plan. If your having problems now with your older boat, think what might happen after you get your new boat.
[signature]
Oh it fits in the garage. No problem there. I have the boat in front due to working on it and needing room for the toon trailer. I can rearrange things easily so the boat can be stored inside.
[signature]
Well thats too bad, you leave it out once and someone swipes your fuel tank. [Sad]
[signature]
Because nothing else was molested I gotta think it was someone wanting the gas. The engine having major problems should be a good clue since it has 2 cycle oil in it. At least I can use my other tank for my kicker until I replace the missing one.[:/]
[signature]
I lean toward thinking some poor junkie needed a fix and that tank might just get the scumbag one.
[signature]