Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6" of clear ice
[cool][cool][cool]Crooked Lake, Rensselaer Co. There is 6 clear inches of ice on the lake. I marked a lot of fish but only brought in a few perch over 12" jigging tiped with minnows. I was also using tipups but had little success with them. I was fishing the west end of the lake from 30' to 40' depths. Next trip I will fish the hump just east of Lilly lane.

Watch out for snowmobiles they tend to get a little reclass, I saw one doing about 80MPH then tried to turn that guy rolled the machine about three times, Two riders on it where thrown clear luckly. They got up and had a good laugh then put the throtle again and headed back down the ice at 80 again.

Have a report of decent fishing also on Martin Dunham Res. in Grafton. Jigging for perch and walleye has been good. Walleye in the 16" range.
[signature]
Hey there Chief, I see that once in awhile with the PWC or personal water craft here in Cali. Some of they guys aren't so lucky.

Last summer alone, out of 128 accidents, there were 23 of them which resulted in severe C6-C7injuries diagnosed by s/s of priapism.

Not a happy site to see amongt our happy campers.[pirate]
[signature]
Hey there tuben2 I see that you are EMS. You probably see alot more than I do

My dept is strictly fire and we do assist EMS at auto accidents of which haven't been to bad lately.

My Ladies son lives in San Diago and when we visit him I try to get some fishing

in on the pier at ocean beach. We didn't have much success the last time there

but did enjoy the time watching the locals fish with line tied around beer cans

jigging for some small fish. Maybe next time I'm there you can round me up

some helpful tip for fishing there.
[signature]
Hey Chief, I do work for the LA County Fire Dept. I do less fire and more RA detail. There is a difference in LA City and LA County.

City handles all the street TAs and we handle Lakes, Highways, Railways and assist the City with MCIs of theirs. We tend to be more trauma equiped for MCIs.

As far as the handlining with the beer cans, that is very common over here. Some of the youngsters don't have enough money to by a rod and reel. They are also not particular to what they catch. Sometimes it is just another source of food on the table.

I always carry extra equiment when I go fishing. There is nothing like the look on a youngters face when you let him borrow a rod, reel and tackle and tell him to keep it as you are walking away for the day.
[signature]