Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
striping
okay looking at where I'll be sitting in my floatation device, striping line looks to be near to impossible. and where praytell do you put the beer and cd player.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Now we are getting down to the important issues.[/size]

[size 1]On the Kennebec, there is a stabilizer bar that goes across the front, to hold the two air chambers apart. It has a "stripping apron" attached to the bar, and the rear part of the apron snaps on to D rings. The apron fits fairly well and is taut enough to provide a decent stripping surface. Remember, this craft was designed by fly flingers...for fly flingers. [/size]

[size 1]Now, the CD player is another matter. Best bet is a small portable unit and headphones. If you want a full entertainment center, you're on your own.[/size]

[size 1]"REFRESHMENTS"??? You still have a basic lesson to learn about float tubing. That is that "What goes in, must come out." In other words, if you are wearing waders you will need to stay near a shoreside convenience facility, or develop superior holding capacity. [/size]

[size 1]One trip spent making trips to the "comfort stations" will help you with your future planning. You will learn that you should restrict your liquid intake prior to going afloat...and that it is not in your best interests to add more to your tanks while you are out fishing. There is a float tubers' law that says "All liquids consumed by float tubers expand to at least three times their original volume...quickly"[/size]

[size 1]If you are fishing in waters warm enough to get by without waders...like the 85 degree water temps we have in Arizona in the summer...you have more choices. You can drink all you want and...instead of retreating to shore...you can make discreet and undetectable "downloads" without going ashore. [/size]

[size 1]Now, I am not advocating water pollution. But, dang it, if the two stroke outboards and other watercraft can get away with dumping gas and oil in our lakes, then why should anyone mind if we "work around" the occasional necessary trip ashore. Anyway, it adds to the overall fertility of the water and helps with the foodchain. Might make you wanna rethink taking any fish home to eat though.[/size]

[size 1]Seriously, most dedicated float tubers find ways to take food and drink afloat with them. If you have available pocket space, you can wrap a couple of containers of water, soda or "malted beverage" in a space blanket...with some ice or some of those refreezable gel packs. There are neoprene containers available in some places, with zippers, to carry a couple of drinks and some ice. Or, you can tie off a small cooler behind the seat, between the two air chambers. We will help you get creative when you are truly ready for that step.[/size]
[signature]
not to mention the apron makes a great lure holder. since the kennebec isnt totally equipped for us baitcasters and spin rodders I use my apron to hold all my large plastic boxes. I can stack 6 of them there while floating and they half way sit on you lap and apron together.
[signature]