Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
We fished the Gorge Sunday for a few hours, 'til the wind came up late in afternoon. We fished South of Buckboard in the Big Bend area, and did quite well on some nice Kokes. Our biggest was 3.5 lbs. and the smallest went 2.8, none were huge but they will be great on the grill! The fish are still shallow, most were caught !4 to 20 ft. down. We used Kokanee Creek dodgers with their splatter spinners. Orange with blue splatter was the best, followed by orange with black splatter. Water temp was 56 in the morning and 60 by afternoon.
[signature]
Nice report and pics Gary, good looking kokes. Did you or Art fish the tournament there last month? If so, how was it?
[signature]
Wow those are nice looking fish. Thanks for the pics.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Gary, the wife and I are headed up this coming weekend with our two daughters, one is flying in from Baltimore to visit and fish with us. We plan on spending 5 days up there, just hope the weather co-operates as well as the kokanee.
[signature]
Hi Gary,
Nice fish!
I see you signed up for the DAV event, can't wait to see you again.
[signature]
we were up there Saturday morning, fished around the "rainbow shelf" (pretty much straight out infront of the boat ramp)
we were fishing deeper then you tho, was down 35-45' and pulled lots of kokes and mack pups. couple big ones over 4lbs and a few around 2.5. averaged around 3lbs each.

Pink and Orange RMT squids were the biggest producers of fish for us
[signature]
That's what I'm talking about...nice Gary them is some fatties...glad you are doing well and doing what you love to do. All is going very good with us...need to plan an outing...
[signature]
I didn't fish the tournament, heard on the radio someone caught a 4.5 lb. koke, but never heard the finals on the tournament.
[signature]
Gale, if you guys get up around the Buckboard area give us a shout, we are around every weekend. We can share a beer or story or better both!
[signature]
Actually the 4.55 lb. koke was caught by my neighbor's wife where our trailer is parked in Manila. Thanks for the invite Gary we may take you up on that especially if it's storming. You should have my home ph. number if you care to call and let me know where you will be camped or shoot me a P.M.I keep telling K2M that they need to take a trip up to the Gorge and try some kokanee fishing.
[signature]