Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
License plates on boat trailers
I just got back from paying my sales tax and licensing my boat, motor and trailer, at the DMV, for my new-to-me boat. The lady lifted two different license plates and asked which one I wanted. I replied that I didn't want either one of them because my trailer did not require licensing (it is a single axle and it is definitely under 750 pounds). She stated that I would need one if I took the boat out of state, especially to Idaho. I told her that I have driven a boat into Idaho without any issues for several years. I left with out paying the extra fee for a license plate.

Has anyone had any issues in Idaho, Wyoming or any other surrounding states, because they didn't have a license plate on their trailer?
[signature]
Pulled my un-licensed single-axel utility trailer through southern Idaho. I got pulled over for not having my trailer licensed ... that is until the officer seen the Utah plates on my truck and recanted and let me go without even a warning.
[signature]
I've never heard of that. WY has trailer plates as well but I've never been hassled.
[signature]
I was pulled over for speeding thru mountain view wy. coming back from the gorge , they held me up there while they called for back up officers and had me wait for around 45 minutes discussing my lack of a plate on the trailer . yes it was a tandem axle , and they eventually let me leave with just a speeding ticket .
[signature]