Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big fight
Went up to Pine View today to escape the Willard bugs, but found irritations there as well! I started throwing a broken back Shad Rap in perch color and on the tenth cast or so I hooked up with a dandy, when he came by the boat it was the longest smallie I ever seen, over three feet and heading for Browning point or somewhere. What ensued was an epic battle, for maybe thirty seconds. The stinking thing took my Rapala and most of my 6lb. line, and left me wondering what happened. I did manage to catch 2 smallies that were small, and a grundle of crappie in the 8 to 9 in. size. I did catch 2 that went 11 in. but that was it. The power squadron were out , thought I could avoid them on Tues. but not to be.
[signature]
Nice Gary glad the intel provided helped. 3' SMB ha bassrods needs to take notice and bag the Nelle...we too have been catching some nice SMB...glad you have some great eats minus the bugs...well except for rec boater noggins...
[signature]
Kim, the fish was one of your muskies, on ultra lite gear it makes you pretty helpless to deal with one. I'm lucky he just got most of my line and not all of it!
[signature]
I know Gary I'm just joshing with you but there are some TOAD SMB in there as we've caught them largest last year was 22" with most pushing 20". We'll keep watch for your lure...we've found half a dozen lures over the years floating.
[signature]
[laugh] 3 foot smallie would put up one heck of a fight!
[signature]
My son and I fished Pineview on Monday.
Lots of small Crappie with a few bigger.
Only got one Smallie though.
We saw a couple Tiger Muskie but no bites.

The Carp are every where!
[signature]
I saw one more muskie while I was shallow catching crappie, but he left me alone. The carp would be sitting duck for the bow fishing guys.
[signature]