Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern UT
Well did some exploring last weekend and tried out 3 lakes down south of Bicknell with my pops that was down. 2 out of 3 lakes we did decent on between the blue sky, to wind storm, to snow storm, back to blue sky weather pattern that kept repeating. Caught my first Grayling ever on a size 18 renegade and my pops did the same. A few 16 inch brooks that impressed me with their fight and ended up with 13 grayling for the afternoon. Ill be headed back to check out a few more lakes next week since they are opening up.
[signature]
Couple more photos.
[signature]
Sweet grayling! Thanks for the report.

Have not caught a grayling yet. Am looking to get one at some point, I'm at the mouth of LLC so there is plenty up around my area, just do not know what to throw at them.
[signature]
Llc?

So the ones we were catching were cruising the shore line and we caught them on renegades and Griffith gnats.
[signature]
Did you catch any fish in the lake over the hill from the one in the photos?
[signature]
Thanks for the info.

I meant, "LCC", sorry, little cottonwood canyon.
[signature]
[quote wormandbobber]Did you catch any fish in the lake over the hill from the one in the photos?[/quote]

The close one that sits to the south that 25 yards away or the one a mile away to the east? To the south yes 1 grayling but the wind was blowing hard out of the south which made casting a chore so I went back to the lake in the pic. I've got 3 more to check out in that are at the advice of some locals that were producing well last fall.
[signature]
[quote FishSlayerMP]

I meant, "LCC", sorry, little cottonwood canyon.

[/quote]

The DWR has been stocking Grayling fingerlings in Silver Lake for the past several years if you're just looking to tick it off your species list.

Chances are better in the Uintas for quality fish however. They'll take the same flies as trout.
[signature]
I was talking about the one about 25 yards away....we call it Banana, and the one you were fishing Pomegranate. There are two good lakes not far away from those...both are to the east. Personally, I prefer the two to the east over the one you had success at.
[signature]
How is the road in to Row Lakes? I haven't been in there in years. Used to be one of my favorite places but I don't own an ATV and I don't like hammering my truck like I used to.
[signature]
[quote wormandbobber]I was talking about the one about 25 yards away....we call it Banana, and the one you were fishing Pomegranate. There are two good lakes not far away from those...both are to the east. Personally, I prefer the two to the east over the one you had success at.[/quote]

I just know the names, i just go off the labels on google earth and trying to compare them with the maps in a fly fishers guide to Utah, a couple old write ups I found, to the stocking reports. Banana is the one that I whacked one quick before the wind picked up.

Next trip will be to the lakes to the east or up top to one I was told was fishing awesome last fall.

Road in is actually really well graded as they are doing some logging on the east side of the lakes.
[signature]