Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quail creek or sand hollow
Hey there,

Does anyone have any experience with either of these lakes fishing from shore? I may go up this weekend and dont want to waste a trip as I don't know anything about either lake.

Is one better if fishing from shore?

Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Quail is good from shore if you want to get into some trout. We have done well there with power bait or night crawlers with a marsh mellow.

For Sand Hollow I have only fished from a boat but this time of year a lot of bass will be shallow and within casting distance. You just may have to move around a bit to find them. Try to cast around any cover and you should find fish.
[signature]
Welcome, 1is2many. I haven't fished either from shore, but BillyH is a good source of info. We did well from a boat at Sand Hollow. I think they are close enough that you could fish both of them in one day though. Good luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
Thanks guys,

I ended up not making it up there, looks like I'll be shooting for next Sunday or the following Saturday.

I'll let you know how I do.
[signature]
When you get up there to sand hollow be sure to stop in at the main office and get a map of the lake. It is not detailed but it will show you some general references such as the dam areas, camping areas and such. This will help you find the shore line spots for fishing. Also the staff is knowledgeable as to where fish are biting as well. For Quail there are a few spots for fishing the shoreline as well. Talk to the staff there for more info on places. It is a big lake. There are a few small community ponds in St George as well that are planted with trout during the winter and have bass during the summer. There are special regs there as well so be sure to check them out beforehand.
[signature]