Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge June 13/14
Fished in the Buckboard/Big Bend area over the weekend with many others. It was the Buckboard tournament and there were a lot of folks out fishing. For us the fishing was a little slower than usual, but we managed some quality kokes along with some shaker kokes and a bunch of small lakers. The water temp was 63 and 64 most places. We fished pink Kokanee Creek squids and pink splatter blade spinners with KC dodgers. The depths. we fished were mid 30's down to 43 ft. but I talked to a guy at the docks who said he done well using planer boards with 5/8 oz. weights, so the kokes are still thru out the water column.
[signature]
Those are some nice looking kokes.
[signature]
Dito
[signature]
Nice looking fish Gary, the wife and I will be headed back up Thurs. after work for a couple days. We didn't catch any real large kokanee up there with our daughters a couple weeks ago, 21 inches was the longest but the girls sure had fun. They sure are tastey cooked fresh on the grill.
[signature]
Thanks
going up Wed for 3 days, may try for the big lakers for 4 hr.
[signature]
Your right Pete, wonderful on the grill, great in the smoker, and way fun to catch.
[signature]
ThaNk for the report. Wife and I will be headed up 6-22 to 24. Always enjoy the Koke fishing there, but we have done better closer to Anvil than all the way up to Big Bend. Have you tried closer to Anvil?

Think we'll try for some lake trout pups for the smoker. Used to love the lake trout the Indians would sell to us while waiting for the ferry across Macinac Strait UP Michigan.

Thanks again , Trueblue
[signature]
Some friends fished in Anvil area Sat. They caught some nice kokes, but I have no idea where they were.
[signature]
Thanks Gary nice report. J
[signature]