Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nevada Striper Club 30.8 Pounder
During our latest tournament over weekend, one of our club members hooked a beast. This is the largest Striper on record caught during a NSC event.

The fish was caught in the early morning on Saturday 6-13-15. She weighed in at 30.80 pounds.[inline 20150614_134054.jpeg] (13,970.645 ounces or 492.8 grams) The total length was 42-7/8" with a girth of 24-1/2"

Watch the LVRJ on Thursday in the outdoors section for more info.
[signature]
[inline 20150614_133942.jpeg]
[signature]
[inline 20150614_124431.jpeg]
[signature]
That's impressive! What a fish!!!
[signature]
That is an absolute HOG of a fish!!! Thanks for those awesome pictures.
[signature]
i am surprised that fish was only 30 pounds. my 44lb'r was 44" long also but the girth on mine was a lot bigger.

that is a nice fish especially for june. the big ones usually disappear until winter time in lake mead. heck of a idea to put a big gizzard shad on before he went to sleep. bet that clicker going off was a heck of a wake up call.

i swear, the new state record will be coming soon with how big those gizzard shad are getting and abundance of them.
[signature]
One hog of a fish.[Smile] Nice catch!
[signature]
Wow you don't see fish like that come out of the Lake often. I thought it was from Willow Beach at first! Isn't that the guy who trolls really large lures?
[signature]
No big lures for him.....always live bait.
[signature]
Havasu had a 40#er found floating dead with a 5# gizzard shad half way down its throat. John at Basstacklemasters has a picture of it. Now those shad are "boiling" in the mornings if you can call it that. Times are changing.
[signature]
Do you know where the shad have been boiling on Lake Mohave?
[signature]
I god I hope that's a rhetorical question! I haven't heard any news from Mohave about shad for a while, have you? I think I'm going to spend a lot of time out there this fall
[signature]