Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnkota Power Drive V 2 problems
So my motor stopped turning out at Mantua 2 trips in a row. The first time I thought it was just my batteries died because I forgot to plug it in after the last trip. This time full battery for sure and it turns but there's zero propulsion. I hear what sounds like the click of a relay in the base. I took it all apart to clean out all the fishing line and still nothing. It turns left and right though. I called minnkota and they said it is a bad control board.

Has anyone else had this problem? The board seems pretty easy to swap out.
[signature]
Actually I had the same problem earlier this year. I borrowed a friends foot control and it worked fine, so I took apart my fool control and found a little corrosion on some of the contact points. I cleaned it up put it back together and it has been working fine since. Is that the control board you are talking about or are you talking about the one in the head of the trolling motor? Do you have Co-pilot or a foot control?
[signature]
Contact Swede R. He does maintenance/repair on electric motors. (801)397-1675
Just an update, I tried getting ahold of Swede and was told that he retired in January and doesn't work on them anymore.
[signature]
Contact min Kota to find out who the authorized repairman is in our area.
[signature]