Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor alignment help
So I just bought a bass boat a couple weeks ago and took it out last Saturday. The trolling motor up front was fine almost all day when towards the end it wouldn't turn left and basically letting my foot off the pedal made the motor spin a 180.... I've tried reading online about how to fix it but the directions aren't very clear. I've contacted minn Kota and am awaiting a response. The motor is a Minn Kota maxxum 80lb. If anyone has experience with this issue and could chime in I would really appreciate it [Smile] also if there is anyone that does mobile repairs that I could just pay to fix it that would be awesome too.
[signature]
Your batteries just need to be charged. All elect trolling motors have that problem when they are running out of juice.
[signature]
Sounds like a steering cable issue not a battery issue it is a cable steer motor not an electric steer. Swede R is the Minnkota repair guy he works through croft power in bountiful.

Croft Sales & Service
530 W 1500 S
Woods Cross, UT 84087

801) 295-4141
[signature]
I agree with Wiperhunter my Minn Kota does the same thing when the battery's are low.

[signature]
So my motor is controlled through the two cables in the foot pedal I believe, I'm not sure how low battery would affect this? I'm going to charge up the batteries tonight and try it out. In case I need to have someone work on it does anyone know of a mobile repair guy? I'd rather not have to tow it somewhere to fix this issue.
[signature]
Charge the batteries and it will be working fine, Mine use to do the same thing.
[signature]
How close to Layton are you? I have a lot of experience with them.
[signature]