Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry kokanee
Has anyone done any good for the kokanee on Strawberry?
I was told that it was the best in 20 years on the Strawberry side. But they didn't say where. Strawberry is a big place. I wanted to go check it out. Any advice?
[signature]
Not sure about the best in 20 years but we have been finding some fish. They have gone deeper over the last 10 days as the weather has warmed up. We have been finding enough fish from Haws Point over to the narrows that we haven't wandered far from there. Picked up a four pound fish last Friday night which was the best of the year so far. Think Pink!
[signature]
Thank you for the info. I think we3're going to give it a try.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]Welcome to the forum. That’s a beautiful fish!!![/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]I’ll echo T-Squared. Strawberry bay triangle is still producing nicely.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]
Thanks, I used to be on BFT more but we just got back from a year and 1/2 in Costa Rica. I did find a little cold water stream coming out of a rain forest 11000 ft in elevation and found some trout. So other than ocean fishing it was fly fishing for smallish rainbows of uncertain origin. But We're back now so I've got to get back to Utah fishing.
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
Went back up tonight. Invited my brother-in-law on his first Kokanee trip. Took a while to find the fish. He lost one at the boat and then boated a two pound fish. Shortly after that he landed a nice fish, about three and half pounds. Not a bad night for a rookie. The frosting on the cake was the 25". five and half pound Cutt he caught on the way in. Kept the cutt for the smoker and the big Koke for the tacos.

Pink was not as good tonight as it has been. Caught the big fish on an orange squid behind a brass dodger.
[signature]
Nice successful trip.[cool] Thanks for sharing.
[signature]