Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cortland 444 Flyline Question
I went to a few stores today in search of a Type 1 Scientific Angler fly line but they were both sold out of the type 1. I ended up buying the Cortland 444 Classic WF6I Clear Camo Intermediate and am questioning whether or not this is the comparable line to the Scientific Angler Type 1. I believe this is the line I bought, [url "http://www.cortlandline.com/fly-fishing/freshwater/444-classic/small-game-clear-camo-intermediate"]http://www.cortlandline.com/...ar-camo-intermediate[/url] . Can someone with some knowledge on the subject chime in? I'm hoping this is a sinking line at the rate of 1.25"-1.75" per second. Attached is a picture of the box and spool. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Your right, the sink rate is 1.25" - 1.75"/sec.

The Scientific Anglers intermediate line is in their Mastery Series lines called Stillwater. It also sinks at the same rate. It doesn't look like SA makes a type 1 sink rate.

Happy fishing!
[signature]
Type one is the same as Intermediate. The biggest difference is the Type I is a pvc coated lead core, the Clear Camo isn't. The Cortland will retain more memory in cooler water.
[signature]
Thanks for the help.
[signature]
Where did you buy the Cortland Line and how much was it? I reallylike that line and need to replace the one I have had for several years.

Mark
[signature]
Anglers Den in Roy. I paid $60.
[signature]
I happened on the clear camo line in a small store in rural Utah several years ago. It was in a clearance bin and marked $4.00. I picked it up and took it to the register where I informed the clerk that was far too cheap a price for such a line. I told him he couldn't sell it that cheap, he would be taking a beating on it. "I can sell it for whatever I like" was his reply. May be the best 4 bucks I have ever spent. I've caught many fish on that line and have really enjoyed it especially when fishing from shore. It works great in shallow water or when the fish are near the surface. If only I could find a couple more deals like that.
[signature]