Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's it hot with this heat
I need to get my boat in that water and fishing. Which Reservoirs are fishing well with this heat? I only Fly Fishing. I know Strawberry is hot, but anything closer to the City of Salt.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Have had good reports of nice rainbows and a few browns at Deer Creek. But they have really gone deeper in the heat.

Ditto for Jordanelle.

Almost feels like I am back down in Arizona. Down there we had a saying..."It's a nice dry heat...just like in Hell."

At least the short period of monsoon rains have dropped the temps a bit. Hope it helps the temp sensitive fish. The lower water levels make things even worse on some waters.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks. DC and Jordanelle are definite possibilities. Anxious to get the Fuzion back on the water, plus figure out the new Helix5 Sonar.
[signature]
I'm thinking its time to hit the uintas.
[signature]
Yea, but so is everyone in the valley. Those are smaller lakes and too many people, not only from boats but shore lines. Bigger lakes seem more productive from a pontoon.
[signature]
Starvation is always a good spot. Also try lost creek.
[signature]
Would love to hit Starvation, but helluva drive with several lakes a little closer. Current Creek is a fun Camping lake. I am looking for a day shot. I would like to try DC but I want to use my Fuzion on more lakes. I do have the Assault set aside for just DC.
[signature]
Didn't think of currant creek. I was thinking of lost creek. No power squadron since it is wake less. There is always scofield and the lakes up fairview canyon. If you don't mind a 2 hr drive there is Huntington north and a little further joes valley.
[signature]
I have also been thinking about going to Currant Creek. Fish the lake in the morning then the river in the afternoon then back to the lake in the evening, should be good.
[signature]
Did you end up going anywhere? I've been meaning to break the pontoon I got for Christmas in for a while now, but still haven't given it a maiden voyage. I thought Jordanelle would be a good option because I've also set a goal of catching my first "anything other than trout" on the fly this summer. [cool]
[signature]
Good goal and jordanelle should be good. Launch back in the rock cliff arm. Also you can launch from hailstone area and then work the bank toward the dam. I am not sure what it all looks like now but I have had success there in years past.
[signature]
No, not yet. Been crazy during the week days which is when I want to go. Maybe Jordanelle soon.
[signature]