Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
green river help
Hey guys and gals been a bit .since I have been on the utah site. Was deployed a bunch in the last few years so no real time to fish or post much. One more year and I can retire. Anyway I'm heading over to the green A section on the 31st of this month. Looking for few patterns to fish if anyone like to help out. Im familiar with fishing the hopper patterns and scuds. Maybe a just a tip or two. Sizes and colors would help. If you want maybe pm me. Thanks for any help.
[signature]
Hey I was there last week and it was great. Yellow Sallys, caddis, and PMDS for dries. More Yellow Sallys were being snagged off the surface but caddis were producing as well.

For nymphs try scuds, sows and hares ears. I used a small olive scud as a natural and a small bright colored sow as an attractant. When in the deep water use an indicator, although I did get one on a traditional nymph set up. The flows are too heavy for dry droppers in spots where the bigguns are, but a dropper at the end of the run should seal the deal. No hoppers about, a bunch of sallies and caddis. An ant may work too.

Edit: I got my info from Trout Creek Flies right up the street from Little Hole access and Dripping Springs campground.
[signature]
Thanks for your service!! I pm'd you some patterns to try.
[signature]
are you floating or walking? the A section is awesome, lots of fish there. if you are feeling adventurous and want to talk a walk, park at the ramp at dripping springs and walk for a while down the B section. A lot less people. if you have the chance to float and would like a super lazy float with a shot at a real tank brown, float C section.. in some spots you have to paddle to go go down stream.
[signature]