Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youth Fishy Derbies
<br><br>We have 3, count them, 3 youth fishing derbies combing up in Oakland County; <br>· 2 on the free fishing weekend of June. 8th and 9th<br>· 1 for fishing challenged youths.<br><br>All 3 are <B>“4-H”</B> and <B>“Hooked On Fishing International”</B> sponsored.<br><br>· 2 projects are new for this year. 1 is has been running for several years now.<br><br>June 9th <B>Springfield Township 4-H Derby</B>;<br>Located at the Shiawassee River Basin Park at the corner Ormond Rd. and Davis Burg Rd. in Davis Burg in the county of Oakland in Michigan. <br><br>June 8th <B>Commerce Township 4-H Derby</B>;<br>Located at the Robert Long Memorial Park on Berry Lake ¼ mile west of M5 on 14 mile Road. In Commerce Township in the county of Oakland in Michigan.<br><br><B>The Fishing Challenged Youths Fishing Derby</B> (not the official name of this project, one has not been made as yet) will hopefully be held at Kensington Metro Park Located at I96 and Milford Rd in Milford in the county of Oakland in Michigan. <br><br>All three derbies have volunteer opportunities for fishing coaches and instructors looking to put a notch in their community service belt this year.<br><br>The <B>Commerce Twp Derby</B> is being put together by yours truly <B>ME</B> <br><br>I am looking for 6 individuals to assist with this project;<br><br>· 2 persons are needed for first aid. (Hopefully fire men or paramedics – any person with current first aid certification)<br>· 2 persons to handle registration and fish entries.<br>· 2 persons to handle contest (casting contest, fish identification, bubble blowing contest)<br><br>In addition I am looking for concessions for this day.<br>In addition I am looking for a shuttle service for this day.<br><br>· Any one that can be available for this day to assist; <br>· Any youths interested in participating in this program;<br>· Any one wanting to know more about the derbies; <br><br>Can log on to my link below to get in touch with me.<br>· If the information you are looking for is not on this site please be patient as I will be up loading the information as it comes in.<br>Any questions that you may have can be directed to my Email on my site by clicking on the clown-fishing picture. <br><br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown