Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to lake mead with a boat
Ive fished gov wash with a porta boat with some luck but not i have a sea ray and with a trolling motor and have been launching out at hemmingway harbor and have been just heading to the right out of the no wake zone. Woundering if i should just head away from the dam towards gov wash only fish i have caught is a 1 lb striper . any spots i should try or. Coves
[signature]
Anywhere in the Las Vegas Bay is always a good choice. Lots of coves, deep water, shallow water, islands, etc. If that isn't worked then continue up the west side of the lake towards Callville. Again lots of coves and areas to hit.

Though I don't fish the south end of the lake that much I rarely venture too far away from the Vegas Bay/west side towards Callville area. I've never caught much towards the dam or down towards Hemenway or on the east side of the southern part of the lake.

Tom
[signature]
Robert,

You can do well launching out of Heminway and going south to the steep walls leading to the Dam. Generally I drop shot first and second surface plugs, weightless worms, crankbaits, jigs on the rocky outcroppings. If memory serves there are 3 chunk rock 45° slides which get a lot of pressure, but the areas from where the main point turns all the way to the dam buoys ...you can run into smallmouth and largemouth. This area gets afternoon shade.

In low light the chunk rock shore south of Hemingway can hold big bass. Dragging a football jig can be good here. Fish deeper than you might think ...15 ft down to 70 ft.
[signature]
Alright ill try that out tonight
[signature]