Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm thinking about making a waterfall
There is a minimal science to achieving even the type of sound or a frequency of the soothing splash in the water. You can achieve a more broken up yet lighter sound when the water is run over slate and directly to the water whereas a line of mounting of pebbles for the water to ripple through will cause more aeration and a slightly scattered sound.

Either of these methods also change the sound when you let the water fall on a flat rock in the pond or rocks that are slightly stellate or jagged.

Some people prefer the sound of a single pour of water right down the middle while allowing it to pour directly to the water below. This action also creates slightly more aeration for any fish that you might put in the water whether it be Plecostomus or other types of algae eaters. Feeder goldfish survive well on this type of aeration too.

Depending on the size of your pond, the algae eaters can get up to 18 inches depending upon the species. I have had feeder goldfish get up to 6 inches in some of my ponds.[cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [wiperhunter2] I'm thinking about making a small pool - by tubeN2 - 11-04-2015, 02:50 AM