Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four AM and first fish on.
I wanted to beat the power group and see just what is biting at four O dark 30..

I was on the water and had my first fish (a 10.5") bass by 4am right on the boat ramp, then I worked some top water and other lures and got 4 kinds of fish..

The bass ranged from maybe 7" up to 14.5 and around 75 or 80 lost count, I got one Crappe at 6" and 14 perch from 6" up to 12 1/4".. Oh yes and 6 trout one brown at 19" four rainbows from 17" to 21 3/4" and one cut at just under 27"..

In some spots I could get a fish on every cast..

Water temp at start was 65.2 and air temp 56, water is way down and dropping..
Got off the lake at 11:00 to find my boat trailer with a flat tire..
It was fun trip and I plain to this again soon..
[signature]
Not sure if I just missed it but what lake was this report for? Sounds like a Fun one for sure!
[signature]
Ok Cliff you got me. Most state parks don't open their gates until 5:30 or 6. You camping overnight?
[signature]
Your right I didn't say how dumb of me..
[signature]
Not sure what parks are closed??
The one I was at is open..
[signature]
I'm Confused, not sure why you would post a report but not say where the report was for???
[signature]
[quote skidmarximus88]

I'm Confused, not sure why you would post a report but not say where the report was for???

[/quote]

Clifford has every right to do that:

[#0000ff]"When a poster of a new thread does not wish to ID a certain body of water, NO MEMBER will reply giving the name of that body of water or asking where that body of water is located."[/#0000ff]
[signature]
👍
[signature]
Sounds like you had fun. On wednesday I hit a res that early in the morning, too. It was a bit eery, but mostly fun to be on the water in the dark (new boater, here). So peaceful. We didn't have as much luck as you did, but just being out was its own reward (I have to keep telling myself that when I get skunked!).

To those on the opening gate issue. I think it's only the state parks that close their gates. The other reservoirs just leave them open, I think. We drove in to Strawberry at 11:55 PM, paid the fee in the envelope, slept for a couple of hours in the boat, then launched at 4:45.
[signature]
That is a great response!! Very funny.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout] Most state parks don't open their gates until 5:30 or 6. [/quote]

In my experience, most of the State Parks don't even lock the gates up any more, except for the campground areas.
[signature]
Back a few years ago Jordanelle got in trouble cause the Paramedics could not get in to a hart attic person in the camp grounds and have kept the gates open every sense..
[signature]
Ok makes sense
[signature]
It is alot of fun in early morn and good top water time as well..
[signature]
Thankyou..
[signature]
No pictures? Sounds like a fish story to me [Wink] I didn't even know there were lakes in Utah that had those sizes of fish all in the same place. The bass, perch, crappie, rainbows and brown yes, but the cutthroat is throwing things off for me. That being said, my travel radius is pretty small so I don't know much about a lot of lakes in the state. Sounds like a good time though.
[signature]
When alone its just too hard to get pictures, and no bass was big enough for pictures..
[signature]