Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Fishy at Mona Res?
In over 65 years of seeing Mona res. I have never seen it that low as to kill off even the carp like this..

But as soon as the water comes back the carp will come from up stream and over run it again..
[signature]
you would think in the age of instant communication that things like this wouldn't happen. Or will it always be a crap shoot when it comes to knowing full draw downs even when we know we're facing bad water conditions?
[signature]
Man, I coulda had a bunch of fun down there with a bow before they all died off, probably would have been a quicker end than suffocating too...
[signature]
We can only hope that the lake will get better when it is refilled. Time will only tell.
[signature]
I appreciated Drew's response but I wonder what kinda fish stocking would be an "inexpensive and easily replaced species assemblage"? Hatchery bows? Channel cats? perch? Maybe carp?? naa.... they'll restock themselves. Any ideas?
Just wondering.

BLK
[signature]
Probably white bass and catfish or something easy like that.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]We can only hope that the lake will get better when it is refilled. Time will only tell.[/quote]
I love the positive thinking Albino.
[signature]
[quote ducksfresh][quote albinotrout]We can only hope that the lake will get better when it is refilled. Time will only tell.[/quote]
I love the positive thinking Albino.[/quote]

[Smile]
[signature]
[quote utahgolf]you would think in the age of instant communication that things like this wouldn't happen. Or will it always be a crap shoot when it comes to knowing full draw downs even when we know we're facing bad water conditions?[/quote]

You would think so, but it doesn't even seem to matter sometimes. Around this time three years ago, one of my favorite southeast Idaho bass fisheries was in a similar situation. We could see it coming, the farmers were drawing it down at about 8ft a week, so we were all contacting IF&G. They didn't seem to believe us and kept assuring us the reservoir would be fine. Well, about a week later the outlet looked a lot like these pics, except instead of carp there were a bunch of dead bass.
[signature]