Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake George
[cool]Lake George is iced over and ready for the hard water man or woman. I'll be heading up over this long weekend.
[signature]
Seems like a late freeze over. Hope you have good luck. Post your results when you get back. I'd like to know where on the lake you try and how you did.
[signature]
[Sad] I wasn't able to make the run to Lake George Monday due to low wind chills. I will have to set a trip uup again and I'll let you know how I do.
[signature]
[cool][cool]Made it up to Bolton landing Friday. Plenty of ice and power auger was a real help. The weather was good we didn't have any problem with the wind until late afternoon. We were fishing northwest bay and there are plenty of perch to be had. We did our best in fifty feet of water 12" perch and fat. We moved in closer to the bridge and had some good size fish as well but in order to catch the bigger fish your had to submit to a lot of 8" and smaller perch. we were using maggots and fat head minnows. The bigger fish were taken on minnow. Give them plenty of time to take it. I lost some real nice perch because I jumped the gun.
[signature]
I'm Confused about which bridge you are refering to. Do you mean the one between Bolten and the Sagamore? That would put you fishing out from Norwal, right?
[signature]
Hey Troll

Yes the bridge to Sagamore. The north side, if you park at the vets. Mem. parking area head out to the left when you get onto the ice. I generally go down to where the Camp that is high up the hill to the west that has multi. tiers down to the water this is to my left and looking back at the point on the west side of the bridge, I try to line myself up with the white camp on the point and halfway on the tiers to the west. That's where we start. We usually pick up some nice perch there. I hope I made sense to you?
[signature]