Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogers lake
Second week in a row we fished this place. Only one boat on it all morning. We brought about 12 to the boat with the biggest being two at 3.4 Great day and watermelon Sencos wacky rigged worked really great. I never did find a top water bite this year. [crazy]
[signature]
It's been a strange year, for some types of fishing. What was your biggest bass this year Gregg?
[signature]
Sad to say the largest was only three pounds. I usually pull at least one 5 lber. but not to be. See what NC has to offer this year as well.
[signature]
Well thats too bad but every year has its ups and downs, hopefully next year will be better. Does the fishing for bass get better in the Fall? I don't target LM or SM bass but last Fall and during the Winter while ice fishing, I caught more LM than I have in years. Not sure why, right place at the right time I guess. I don't think any were over 3 lbs but it was surprising. Do you mainly catch and release LM or do you eat them on occasion?
[signature]
All catch and release. I never took to the taste of lg mouth. Smallies are great tasting though. Seems here in CT. the summer is the hot time. Catch rates seem to fall with our temps. At least for me. I hope to get out for one last time Saturday. See what happens.
[signature]
I love LMB on the end of the line. Smallies are great in the Pan. Panfish, Trout, Crappie, Catfish, Pike and others are good in fish tacos.
[cool]
[signature]