Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good suppliers of fly tying materials
Hey all--

I'm new to the fly tying scene, and I've found that the only local source of fly tying materials I'm aware of (Sportsman's Warehouse in Provo) seems to be lacking in their inventory. They have some stuff and I've gotten started, but I'm having trouble finding hackle there, as well as a hare mask.

Maybe I've just missed them. Anyway, I was looking for recommendations for a local (Provo-Orem area if possible) supplier, or a solid online supplier.

Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Solid on line? For hooks I use Allenflyfishing.com for other stuff I buy most of mine local but I live SLC. Try Eddies it's at about 6th east on 8th South in Orem. It's a small blink and you'll miss it place on the south side of the street in with some other office looking places.

You can't go too far wrong using Flyfishfood.com A couple of local guys with a bunch of materials and tutorials for fly tying and it's largely geared towards local waters.

What you can't find there you can find here and I have spent a lot of money on this site and liked everything I've ordered... http://www.whitetailflytieing.com/viewtheshop.php
[signature]
I tie lots of streamers and nymphs. These are my go to shops.
Fish Tech - Nate will do special orders (prompt service).
Sportsman in Midvale and Riverdale
Caddisflyshop - Oregon (Major Hareline retailer)
Bobmarriots - CA (Major Hareline retailer)
Cabela's - Online - If you know what you want - Every January online large discounts.

Buying Hackle or naturals - I like to see the product before buying. Naturals quality can vary.

Hope this helps.
[signature]
Yeah you know what, I just wasn't looking hard enough. I revisited Sportsman's Warehouse in Provo again yesterday and found everything I need. They seem to have a good selection there.
[signature]
I also use Allen Fly Fishing for hooks and beads (good deals on tungsten beads). Their hooks are priced really well and ship for free.

When I have a hard time finding something locally I usually check out Blue Quill Angler. They are out of Colorado but they have an online store (bluequillangler.com). They have a great selection of stuff and if you spend over $5 they ship free. They usually have what I'm looking for. Hope that helps.
[signature]
I have been pleased with flyfishfood.com
[signature]
I get my supplies from all over. Sportsmans, cabelas, small fly shops, Michaels, and joanns. It all depends upon what I need and where I am at.
[signature]