Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 year old wants to hunt-help?
This is a long shot, I know, but my little boy just got through hunters Ed, and desperately wants to shoot a deer. The places I bowhunt and know are 2-point Buck only units... I'm wondering if any of you know a general area fairly close to Boise I might be able to get him a chance at another deer, doe or buck. I will take him to my usual spot, if I can't figure anything else out, but I know he'd have a better chance in one of the more accommodating units. I'm certainly not looking for anyone's favorite spot, just an idea where I can start looking. Pm me, I know how to keep my mouth shut, and my tag is already filled (archery season) this is just for my son.

Thanks,

Dale
[signature]
I'm a sucker for the kids[Smile]
I'd start here for a nice walk.
43 37' 22" N
115 56' 26" W
But any drainage along Lucky Peak and Arrowrock will have does and maybe a forky in them.
Good luck to you and holler if you need anymore info.

Rod
[signature]
Thank you!
[signature]
So, how'd it go?
[signature]
Few had a very nice walk in the foothills, but alas, no deer sightings. Plenty of bear poo, though, which got my son very excited! We'll give it another go, soon.
[signature]
Oh darn. It will only get better as the month rolls on. Avery and I haven't even been out yet. Too hot for me!
[signature]