Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber and Lost Creek Res.
I was able to get out for a few hours yesterday afternoon. My plan was to head up to Coalville and hit the Weber but on the way up I decided to stop at Devil's Slide. If fished there for about an hour and caught several small browns and one white fish. I caught all but one on a Frenchie.

Since nothing of size was playing I decided to change course and head over to Lost Creek Reservoir since I had a float tube in the car. Water is down quite a bit. I picked up some fast sink line a while back that I have not tried yet so I decided to try it out. I kicked around for 2-3 hours and I got lots of little hits but not much I could set a hook on. I did end up landing 2 smaller rainbows. I used a black BH wooly Bugger and then switched to a green damsel fly nymph.

It was fun but I wish the action was a little better. There were a few fish rising periodically so maybe I would have done better with a floating line.
[signature]
Nice, beats work. I drove by the Middle Weeb. yesterday, looks like almost zero flow! So, I don't think you missed much by Coalville.
[signature]