Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 10/10
Yuba on saturday . First time ever being skunked down there chasing Northern Pike. Mind you I've only lived in Utah for the last year and half, so that's about 5 trips.

water looked like Pea soup , around 60 degrees on the surface, and was the lowest I have ever seen it.

Launched at the state park , on the south end. The rock breakwall by the dock stood about 30-40 feet above the water level. you could see the old water line on there way overhead. a little North of the launch a new island appeared where it was once 20FOW.

anyone heading down there be careful navigating .

Radar was shockingly void of life most places we fished. and trust me we either cast or trolled most of the fishable water ( only thing we located were carp )

I saw some comments last week that the pike are over fed. is that due to all the perch they dumped in there?

definitely not wasting any more time down there this year.
[signature]
It gets drawn down pretty heavily every year.
[signature]
Was down there wed thru Friday caught one walleye 25" no northern, ruined one prop and hurt another
[signature]
the pike aren't over fed. It's just that most of the pike are gone. The pike that are in there definitely had their fill on whatever perch were dumped in there. But there just aren't as many as there were with that big boom 4 years ago and they got hammered and low water levels definitely don't help them, even though some members on here think pike still boot off big spawning numbers in poor conditions. It has turned into muskie fishing down there. Not worth the time, might as well go to pineview and actually chase muskie. If we get a high water year, I'm sure we'll see some good pike numbers and then the hype monster will show up on the forums and it will be a slaughter and the division will up the numbers to 30 pike a day limit and then try and plant more perch in down water years. [pirate] [Tongue]
[signature]
Nailed it. Nothing left to say.
[signature]
Man what a shame to have this happen to the only place around to chase Pike! - I appreciate the insight - i will be spending my fall at Pineview looking for a trophy
[signature]
Thanks for the report...I was hoping you found a few !!
I was one of many that had a great time at Yuba a few years back.....
[signature]